Inspections FAQ

Inspections FAQ

When can I get an inspection?

How do I schedule an inspection

What clearances do I need before I can get my Building Final?

How can I cancel my inspection?

How do I get a Fire Department clearance or Fire Alarm Final?

Can I get my inspectors name and phone number?

When does my permit expire?

Can my Electrical or Plumbing permit be reopened for meter tags?

Why can't I find the inspection I want to schedule online?

Can I request an A.M. or P.M. inspection time, or make an appointment with an Inspector?

Can I request a same day or over-time inspection?

I plan on building my own house and would like to make an appointment with an Inspector to show me how to construct the wood framing and where I have to place the electrical wiring.  May I request this kind of appointment?

I disagree with the code interpretation that my inspector used to disapprove my inspection.  May I get a second opinion?

The result of my last inspection was a DP.  I am now unable to request any further inspections.  What is a DP and how do I resolve the problem?

Electrical service is not available at the project site.  Are generators acceptable to be used?  Is a permit required for use of a generator?

Where may I get a copy of the current Southern Nevada amendments to the adopted codes?

How do you access the Clark County approved third-party inspection listing?

Do I need to call to make an inspection appointment with your department for my new business?

What are the inspection requirements prior to the issuance of a business license?

I live in an apartment complex and the air conditioner does not work.  I have told the apartment manager and the maintenance people, but the problem has not been resolved.  I would like a building inspector to come over and make them fix my air conditioner.

What must be completed to receive a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) for a building?

I applied for a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy.  Does this mean I can move in?

Can I get a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for a shell building?

My shell building is currently not complete, so it can not receive final inspections.  However, one of the interior tenant improvement projects is complete, which is under its own permits.  Can I receive final inspections of the tenant improvement permits and be issued a Certificate of Occupancy or Temporary Certificate of Occupancy before the shell building is completed?

I received a letter stating that my TCO is about to expire.  What are my options?

Can "one-side" drywall be placed on stud walls prior to framing inspection?

What are the code requirements for acoustical tile and lay-in panel ceilings?

May the lay-in ceiling panels be placed on the metal grid suspension system prior to rough electrical, plumbing or mechanical inspections and ceiling grid inspection?

Are plans required for low voltage permits?

Do low voltage plans require a detail of the supporting means?

Are details required for penetrations of low voltage cable through rated walls?

Are rated walls required to be detailed on the low voltage plans?

Are non-metallic low voltage cables required to be plenum-rated?

Are low voltage plans required to be stamped by a professional engineer?

How often are low voltage cables required to be supported in vertical chases?

Am I required to install low voltage wiring in a raceway?

Is the grounding electrode conductor to a Ufer (Concrete-Encased Electrode) required to be larger than #4?

Are all ground clamps approved for attachment to rebar?

What is required to get an electric meter tag?

What are the requirements to obtain temporary power?

Why must a manufactured home be inspected by Clark County and the State of Nevada?

What is Clark County's standard design specification for adding a permanent foundation to a manufactured home?

Is there any restriction on the age of a manufactured home that is being installed in Clark County?

If I am changing out equal equipment, i.e. a 4-ton unit for a 4-ton unit, do I need to obtain a permit for the installation?

If I am relocating or adding mechanical duct work in my single family residence, do I need a permit?

How far does gas fired equipment that incorporates a product of combustion vent have to rise before termination?

I am placing my condensing unit on the exterior of my home.  How far above grade does the final installation have to be?

What is the working clearance on the control side of a unit located in an attic?

How far can a dryer exhaust vent be run?

Can I terminate my dryer vent in the vertical position?

How close can I install my pool heater to my property line?

As a homeowner, can I replace my water heater?

Does the replacement of a water heater require a permit?

Are all water heaters required to be placed on an 18" stand?

Do all water heaters have to be set in a corrosion resistant pan?

Are all water heaters required to be seismic strapped?

As a homeowner can I pull the permit for the water heater installation and hire a licensed contractor to do the work under my permit?

What does the yellow energy sticker on the water heater mean to me?

Where can the temperature and pressure relief valve be terminated?

What type of materials can be used for the temperature and pressure relief line?

I have a PVC gas line that was installed years ago.  Can I repair this line with new PVC or CPVC if the line is damaged?

Where can I find a qualified plumber to work on my house or commercial property?

Do I need an approved set of plans for plumbing work being done on my residence?

If I smell natural gas, what should I do?

Do I need a permit to install a water conditioning system?

When is my secondary alarm required to be installed and inspected?

When can I fill the pool and swim in it?

Are there other precautions to be followed during the excavation and construction process?

What do you inspect and how do I know if the contractor is complying with code requirements?

Sign up for Clark County Newsletters

Subscribe today to get your neighborhood news